Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fairy Tale Feature!

I am so pleased to share with the you the wedding of a dear friend of mine.

Jillian Visser to Rick Bos -

Jillian and I met while she was attending Pepperdine University. We met through an old BF of hers, and hit it off from the start. (bf long gone:) Now you might not have put the stunning, southern bell, collegiate girl together with the sandy feet, salty haired, beach girl from Malibu. But it was a great match! I fell in love with how outgoing and vibrant Jillian was right from the get-go. 

After college ended for her, we kept in touch as best we could. When I found out she was getting married I was overjoyed! Not only did I know this wedding was going to be fantastic, but from her taste, I knew it was going to be one for the books!

Here is their "Love Story"

Jillian and Rick have known each other their entire lives. It was not until they were older that they realized their love for each other. The two began dating the summer of 2007.

Rick proposed on May 9, 2009.  Jillian was living in Brentwood and Rick lived in Visalia…where Jillian grew up and where their families live.  On Thursday night, he took her mom and dad out to dinner to ask for their blessing.  On Friday, Rick drove down to LA, and they had fabulous drinks + dinner at Tavern, which had just opened.  Unfortunately, Rick didn’t get to experience it like Jillian did…he didn’t eat a thing…but he did drink!  The next day, the couple drove to Newport Beach, and spent a relaxing day at her parents home on the boardwalk.  That evening, as the sun was about to set, he cracked open a bottle of champagne, and popped the question, “Will you marry me?”  He was so nervous….and for some reason, Jillian had never been so calm in her life…and simply responded, “Yes.”  Relieved…Rick insisted she call a cab, and they headed to Mastro’s in Crystal Cove to celebrate….after all, he was starving:)  Of course her parents knew…so they called them on their way to dinner to tell the news.  They kept it between themselves until Jillian could make it home to Visalia for them both to tell his parents in person, on Mother’s Day.  It was a wonderful engagement!

The couple were married on March 6th 2010 at one of my FAVORITE venues, The Montage in Laguna Beach California.

I asked Jillian what makes love work, and she simply replied:

"Love, balance, respect, adventure, and LOTS of laughter"

I then I asked her, her post thoughts on POST Marriage and she replied:


"Finding out that it’s not scary…it’s fabulous!  It’s easier than I ever imagined…  My favorite things about being married are: always having someone to test my new recipes on, someone to light candles and set the table for, having someone I can rely on to give me his honest opinion…the list goes on…  But the best part is, no matter how busy we get or how crazy life can be, at the end of the day, we get to crawl in bed and be together…I love that."

And to top it all off here are a few shots that sum up the entire affair!





































PHOTOGRAPHY BY : ELIZABETH MESSINA
www.elizabethmessina.com

WEDDING PLANNER: KELLY MICHELLE WEDDINGS
http://www.kellymichelleweddings.com/

FLOWERS AND EVENT SET UP: SQUARE ROOT DESIGNS AND THE MONTAGE HOTEL
http://www.montagelagunabeach.com/

CAKE: THE MONTAGE

THE DRESS: MONIQUE LHUILLIER
http://www.moniquelhuillier.com/

PAPERGOODS: THE BRIDE!!!!!! HER NEW COMPANY (THAT WE LOVE) GIGI PRESS
www.gigipress.com






No comments:

Post a Comment